Friday, February 4, 2011

Food Friday

It's Friday once again. I didn't have a lot of time to find a fancy recipe for you guys so I'm posting one of my family's good ole' stand-bys.

Wienies & Noodles

2 cans Tomato soup
1 pkg Oscar Mayer hot dogs
1 pkg No Yolks egg noodles (I usually use dumpling size)
Worchestershire sauce
1/4c. brown sugar
3/4 Tomato soup can Water

Slice the hot dogs part-way through and brown the entire package in a pan with a little butter. At the same time, cook the noodles according to the package instructions. When the hot dogs are browned, add the soup and water. Mix in the brown sugar and a splash of Worchestershire sauce. Cover and simmer, stirring frequently. When the noodles are done, drain. Top with hot dogs and sauce.

This is a great recipe because it only takes about 20 minutes start to finish and it's filling! We usually have leftovers for lunch the next day.

Next week I'll try to find a healthier alternative! :) I haven't had much time because of school, work, and Clara. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment