Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sam's First Birthday Party!


Well, here's the birthday boy! He had so much fun at his party. :) And miraculously, everything worked out just like we needed it to...which never happens!

His party was scheduled from 3-5pm on March 23rd, but our photographer, Katie, was coming down a little early to take some pics of Sam for his 1-year "photo shoot". I also had to stop at Subway and pick up the sandwiches, and run around and get the balloons filled and pick up last minute items.
Luckily, my mom was able to watch him in the morning which allowed me to run all the errands I needed to, as well as get the car mostly packed up so we didn't have so much to worry about after lunch.

When Clara and Adam came home from tumbling class, we all had an early lunch and then the kids went down for early naps, too. Amazingly, they actually both took naps, and I even had to wake Sam up in order to get him dressed and ready for his party.

We might have been only a few minutes late, which was pretty awesome. All the grandparents showed up around the same time and helped us set up while I tried to corral Sam into getting pictures taken...which was ridiculously hard now that he's walking! 

See me chasing him?? lol




He had a blast. He was running all over the place. 

Clara helped him unwrap his presents (ok, well she mostly did it for him).


And, of course, he had some cake. He wasn't real sure about it at first, but ended up liking it. I couldn't believe how neatly he ate it, though! He barely had a crumb on his shirt until the very end!


It was a lot of fun and we were glad that everyone could make it. Now, I just have to get the dang Thank Yous sent out!! 
Don't worry people, it's on my to-do list (which is growing exponentially!).

No comments:

Post a Comment