Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to write a quick post today. I have so much to be thankful for this year. Besides my loving family and the great friends that I have, I've also got a loving husband, a beautiful daughter, and some pretty great pets. We all (well, except for the pets) had a great time at my grandma's house today for Thanksgiving dinner. It's one of the few times when the entire family gets together so it was really nice that we made it. We even got to take a 4-generation picture together: Here is me, my Dad, my Grandma Ruby, and Clara.






I thought this would also be an appropriate time to do Clara's 3-week update. Here she is, wearing her my first Thanksgiving outfit.
It's really cute, but a little bit big! I had socks on her when we left the house this morning, but by the time we got to Grandma's house, they were both off. :) She's doing really well. I've stopped setting the alarm for her feedings. She pretty much gets me up at night when she's hungry. Adam and I have been taking turns and helping each other out during the night, too. When he wakes up for a feeding he'll change her diaper and then bring her to me so I can feed her and then when I'm done he'll get her all swaddled up and tucked back into bed. He's way better at swaddling than I am. It's something I just never got the hang of. She did really well last night. She usually sleeps anywhere between 2 and 4 hours in between feedings at night. She's also been a lot more awake during the days lately. She's learning to pick her head up and has been using her feet to push off of things. I'm just happy that she's doing so well and we've all pretty well adjusted to life as a fa
mily of 3. Our next big event will be Jessie's "Nutcracker" recital. I found a really cute dress for Clara to wear, because if you didn't know, one of the main characters in the Nutcracker is Clara. That's also the same weekend as Grandpa Mueller's birthday celebration. It should be a fun time! I'd love to write more, but it seems someone is deciding to be fussy, so I'll end this for now. I can't get over how fast the last 3 weeks have gone. I look forward to seeing how much more she changes in the next days and weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment