Monday, October 1, 2012

A letter to Sam, on his half-birthday.

My dearest little boy,
I can’t believe you’re 6-months old already! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home yet here you are, and so grown up already! 

 I just want to say thank you for letting me be your mommy. You’re my little ball of sunshine, and even though things in our life are a little crazy right now, I love every second I get to spend with you. I love watching your little face light up when I come home, or you see your Daddy or your awesome big sister. You love her so much already! I hope you guys stay close as you grow up. 

I can’t wait to see what kind of person you’ll be as you grow up. What kinds of things will you like to do? I think you’ll be a funny guy. You already love to laugh and love when other people laugh, too. You love to spend time outside and you love to watch all kinds of people. You’re quite the little observer!
Words can’t express how happy I am to have you here with us, and while the timing of your arrival into this family may not have been the best, we are so very happy that you picked this time to come and be a part of our family. I know we all look forward to seeing what kind of person you’re going to grow up to be.

We love you so much, little buddy! Happy half-birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment