Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mr. Sam is 3 months old!


Monthly Survey

1.       How old is baby? 3 months…Oh my, I can’t believe I just typed that! Where’d the time go?

2.       Doctor’s appointments?: August 2nd is his next appointment at 4 months.

3.       Stats:

a.       Weight: 14lbs

b.      Height: 22.5 inches

c.       Clothes size: Some 0-3 (depends on the brand) and some 3-6 month.

d.      Diaper size: Huggies Size 2's.

e.      Hair color: Very light brown with some blonde coming in behind it.

f.        Anything else? His eyes seem to be getting lighter blue.

4.       Milestones:

a.       Verbal skills: He gurgles and coos a lot, especially when you lay him on his play mat, but also occasionally while sitting in his high chair or on our laps. I even got him to squeal a couple times. It was really cute.

b.      Teething: I was hoping to avoid putting this one back on here for a while, but we've officially started teething. He has been gnawing his hands constantly and drooling like a fountain. I don't seem to feel any teeth yet, but I'm hoping they're not going to take forever to come in.

c.       Rolling: Yes!! He can now roll from front to back!! (6/26/12)

d.      Crawling: He pushes himself forward with his feet…he’s really strong!

e.      Anything else? He smiles all the time now! My favorite is when I return home after being gone all day and he starts looking for me as soon as he can hear me. That’s when I get the biggest most heart-warming smiles. He sat in his Bumbo for the first time. I’m not sure how he liked it. He's also blowing spit bubbles now and making farting sounds with his lips. He can also buzz his lips which he does a lot while he's sitting in his high chair. I think he likes the way it sounds.

5.       Things he likes: He loves to play on his play mat. He also loves to be held sitting up on our lap. He’s so aware of things that he likes to be able to look around and explore things from a different angle. He's also learning how to hold onto things. His monkey wubbanub is his favorite, but he also has a ball/rattle that he likes to play with in his high chair.

6.       Things he dislikes: Not a big fan of tummy time, but I still try to get him to do some during the day, though with him being able to roll front to back, it's hard to keep him on his tummy!

7.       Sleeping: For the most part, he’s a great sleeper, and most nights he sleeps through the night. He still likes to be in bed around 7-8pm and is usually up by 6am. Sometimes he will wake up around 4-5am, but he'll usually take a bottle and then go right back to sleep. **He slept through the night on 6.18.12**

8.       Eating: He takes about 5oz from a bottle 3-4 times during the day. I nurse him when I get home from work until he goes to bed. Then he gets a bottle at night. I’m pumping at work and hope to continue to until he’s 6 months old.

9.       Nicknames: Bubba, Sam I Am, Captain Crankypants, The Captain, Shortbeard. Clara called him “Ham” the other day. She can’t say Sam so she mostly says “Nam”.

10.   Things we’re looking forward to next month: Nama’s birthday, Daddy being on vacation for a month, Great-Grandma Ruby’s birthday, and maybe a visit to the cottage.


Pictures!!

Chilling with his monkey

Playing on the play mat

Modeling the cute outfit from Auntie Steff and Uncle Andy

Scooter's checking him out

My most favorite picture of the month!
Another one of my favorites. Love the beautiful blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment