Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Monday once again....

...and the start of a new work week. After today I'll only have 8 work days left until my maternity leave starts.

We had a pretty uneventful weekend. Friday I had the day off of work. Adam and I went to see Dr. Tsai for his surgery follow-up. Not much news on that front; Dr. Tsai just said he'd have to find a way to deal with the pain-not the most encouraging news we've ever been told. We came home and I took a nap, which was something I did both Friday and Saturday and did it feel good! We also went out to the Vet's Club for dinner. I know I get the same thing everytime we go, but it's so freaking delicious!!

Saturday I took some time for myself and just relaxed and played video games for a while. After my nap, Adam's parents came over. Adam and his dad loaded up and took all the yard waste to the compost site. His mom & I worked in my gardens planting things for spring and cutting the dead stuff down. She also brought us some yummy home-made potato salad and brownies. Adam and I grilled up some brats and called it an early night.

Sunday we did a little grocery shopping before the Packer game and then just had a lazy day around the house watching football and doing the laundry.

This week is going to be pretty uneventful, too. Today Adam has a vocational rehab appointment and I have an appointment at the chiropractor's. I also have a few errands to run. Wednesday we're going to a local dealership. They're having free car seat inspections so we're taking both of our cars to get inspected. And Thursday we have our 38-week appointment with Dr. V. I'm really hoping not to need it, but at this point I've given up hope that I'll go before my due date.

As for this coming weekend, we've pretty much stopped making plans. We're working on more of a day-to-day basis, but it sounds like if we're not in the hospital, we'll be working on one final landscaping project of the season: building a retaining wall ring around the Maple tree in the front yard. I'm excited about it, but that's probably because I won't be doing much of the work. Normally I plan one BIG landscaping project every year, but because of being pregnant, I haven't been able to do much. I will be doing one next spring, though...even if Clara has to sit in the Pack N Play outside while I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment