Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh so busy!

So I thought I'd take a moment and post an update. Not a whole lot is new, but there have been a few recent developments. I also wanted to post some new pictures of Clara.

These are her 11-week pictures. She's growing so fast! She's also socially smiling and laughing. Her favorite place to be silly is on her changing pad or on her playmat. She abhorrs tummy time so she ends up spending her "entertainment" time on her back on her playmat. She likes to bat the hanging toys around so they make noise. She has also become a big fan of standing on stuff: our laps, the floor, etc. At this rate she'll be walking before she crawls! She went to the doctor on January 3 for her 2 month appointment. It went really well. She weighed 13lbs 2 oz and was 24.5" long. She also got shots, but after the initial poke, she didn't seem too upset. She was done crying by the time we left the clinic. Her next visit is in March.


Adam has now started school. He almost has a full week in! So far so good, I guess. It's school afterall. I also start school next week. Looking at the calendars it's probably going to be a fairly easy semester, but that's ok since I have enough on my plate.
I went back to work as of the last time I posted. Now I'm working with my shift again. It's ok, but 12 hours is a long time to not be doing much. That won't change until I get totally signed off and certified. So then I'll be spending 12 hours doing a little bit more, but not a whole lot. At least it'll give me time to work on homework.
In the category of "not-so-good-news" we just recently found out that our friend Eric has relapsed with Leukemia for the 4th time. Luckily they caught it early and they've already started his treatment. For more information, see the website at the right: L.I.F.E. We wish him and his fiance Cari the best of luck and offer our support during this difficult time.
Speaking of websites on the right-hand side of the page, I've been following the blog of a couple of parents who found out their 2-month-old daughter had a brain tumor. They're beautiful Scarlett has since had 2 brain surgeries and is doing really well considering. Please, check out their blog, but be warned-it requires a lot of Kleenex! It's really touching and makes me really appreciative of every second I have with my healthy daughter (especially since they're so close in age).
That's about it for now. We've got 2 more workdays to get through and then we're going to Appleton to see Eli for the last time before he becomes a Daddy again. :) I'm so excited for them both! I can't wait to see pictures!!





No comments:

Post a Comment