Monday, January 24, 2011

Recipes

Ok, so I've been coming across some yummy new recipes and people have been asking for them. I thought, what better way to share them than to put them on my blog! So I'll be sharing some wonderful new recipes with my *many* readers. :)

1) Chicken & Bows (freezer)

1-16oz pkg Bow tie pasta
2lbs chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
1c chopped sweet red pepper
1/4c butter, cubed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2c frozen peas
1 1/2c milk
2/3c parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta. Cook the chicken & red pepper in butter. Add the soup, milk, peas, & salt/pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce & simmer. Drain the pasta and add to the chicken.

2) Sweet & Sour Chicken (crock pot)

1lb chicken breasts (cut into pieces)
1-16oz bag frozen broccoli, carrots & water chestnuts
2 1/2c cooked rice
1/4c chopped toasted almonds
2-9oz jars sweet & sour sauce

Cut chicken into 1" pieces. Place chicken, sauce & veggies into a 4qt slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-5.5 hrs or high for 2.5 hours. Serve w/cooked rice & sprinkle with almonds.

3) Sausage Corn Chowder (crock pot)

1lb smoked sausage (cut into bite-sized pieces)
2 medium carrots (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 can Cream of Golden Mushroom soup
3c. diced hash browns
1 can creamed corn
diced onion & peppers

Add all the ingredients to a 5qt slow cooker. Cook 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. I doubled the recipe so I could freeze some left overs.

I'll be posting more recipes. One of the other blogs I follow does "Food Fridays" so maybe I'll do that, too. I'll also let you know which ones are good for freezing. I found a lot of these useful for making ahead before Clara was born. It's nice to just pop down to the freezer downstairs and bring dinner up rather than trying to figure out what to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment