Monday, March 14, 2011

30 years ago...

Thirty years ago today, I began a journey that would include lots of joy and heartache; lots of trials and tribulations. It would also ultimately lead me to becoming a student, a wife, and a mother. None of this could have been accomplished without the love and support of my wonderful parents, and then later my awesome husband. My life hasn’t been the easiest one in the last few years, but I know I made the decisions I needed to make in order to be happy.

Along the way, I’ve made friends and lost friends and I believe people come into and go out of your life for a reason. Maybe they had to teach you a lesson or something about yourself. Even people I’m not friends with anymore have taught me things; things like what a true friend is and what the important things in a relationship are.

For the first 30 years of my life and all I’ve learned so far, I want to thank my parents most of all. You’ve always been there for me even when I was a brat. I’m sorry And Mom, I’m really sorry I turned your hair gray so early. :) Thanks for loving me anyway.

To my wonderful husband, who not until recently came into my life, I hope the rest of our lives are as interesting as the first couple years have been…minus a lot of the stress!! We’ve made it through some tough stuff and I know we’ll be able to make it through whatever comes next. I’m proud of all you’ve accomplished so far and I can’t wait to see you accomplish your ultimate goal. You are truly a great friend. I also want to thank you for our daughter. She’s the greatest gift anyone could have given me. I look forward to watching the two of you grow together.

I may not have always seen it this way, but I love my life and wouldn’t change a thing. Every bad thing I’ve ever gone through was worth it in the end if it got me to where I am today.

I can’t wait to see what the next 30 years have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment