Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yum!

Ok, so I haven't done a Food Friday entry in a few weeks. I've been struggling to come up with recipes. Right now I'm on a diet so I've been trying to find healthy and filling alternatives to what I used to eat.

I was shopping at Festival Foods last week and found these:
They're called Sandwich Thins. I found them by the deli case both at Festival and Pick N Save. They're a healthier alternative to bread.

I usually take 2 sandwiches to work with me: one for "breakfast" that I usually eat around 8am and another for my actual lunch around noon or so. Today I have turkey breast with Havarti cheese and a chicken salad sandwich with Provalone. I can't wait to get into them!! For my snacks I have 2 containers of Yoplait light and 1 serving of Thin Mints. I also have my one bottle of soda (Pepsi Max, with ZERO calories) and the rest of the day I get water. I don't even bring money to work for the vending machines anymore, and if I do, it's only enough to get a bag of chips to go with my sandwich.

People ask me which diet I'm on. Well, I'm not on a specific diet. What I'm doing is watching my portions and trying to make healthier decisions as far as snacks go. For example, instead of eating a whole tube of Thin Mints like I used to, I only have one serving per day...which is 4 cookies. So far I'm down 11lbs and only have 9 more to go before I hit my goal. When I do finally hit that goal, I might try for 5 more pounds, but won't be too upset if I don't.  It's great because I told myself that I wouldn't be allowed to have another baby until I lost all the weight from this one....and I'm almost there! I'm feeling better about myself, too. It's motivating when my pants are getting too big and the numbers on the scale keep going down. As someone who has been really skinny their entire life, it's been a struggle to be happy with the way I looked after having a baby. They're not kidding when they say nothing is where it used to be. But my husband loves me anyway, and that's been a really big help.  I think with the next baby I'll be a little better about my eating. I gained WAY too much weight in my opinion.

Anyway, check out the sandwich thins if you're looking for a healthier sandwich option. They're tasty!!


No comments:

Post a Comment