Tuesday, May 17, 2011

6-month survey.

We just had Clara's 6-month check-up yesterday so I thought today, while she's napping, would be a good time to do her monthly survey. I'm going to love going back and reading these as she grows. I just wish I would have started sooner!

Monthly Survey


1. How old is baby? Today she is 6 months, 2 weeks, and one day old.

2. Stats: As of 5/16/2011

a. Weight: 18lbs 0.5oz (80th percentile)

b. Height: 28 inches (97th percentile)

c. Clothes size: Mostly 6-9 months, pants are mostly 9-12 monthsl

d. Diaper size: Huggies size 3

e. Hair color: Light brown and getting fuller

f. Eye color: Still blue

g. Anything else? They measured her head and chest at her appointment. Head is 42cm and her chest is 45cm. She also got the last of her shots for a while.

3. Milestones:

a. Teething: She has her 2 bottom teeth and is working on more.

b. Talking: Still babbling.

c. Rolling: All.over.the.place.:)

d. Walking: Nope.

e. Crawling: Not yet. She pushes backwards. She’s starting to show signs of trying to crawl.

f. Anything else? She’s sitting up all by herself now. She’s getting really good at keeping her balance while sitting as well.

4. Things she likes:

a. Toys: Her Baby Einstein Jumper. It’s like crack for babies. She also has a duckie that I only let her play with on her changing table. It keeps the alligator wrestling to a minimum.

b. Books: I bought her a couple new ones but she doesn’t like to sit still long enough to read. She has one about feet that has different textures that she likes a lot.

c. Songs: Not a big fan of songs, either…unless Dad’s singing. For some reason she likes it.

d. TV Shows: I know she’s young yet, but she LOVES SuperWhy on PBS kids. It’s great to have her watch something that’s educational when we need to put her down for a minute to take care of something.

e. Other activities: We just started swimming classes today. It took a while for her to decide if she liked it, but she did so we got signed up for this summer’s session. She also likes going for walks in the stroller and being outside.

5. Things she dislikes: Can’t think of anything at the moment. She’s generally pretty happy these days.

6. Sleeping: It’s getting a lot better. She’s usually in bed by 8 and up for the day at 6-7am. She will usually wake up once during the night to eat, but it’s definitely getting a lot better. Naps are getting better too. We’ve gotten onto a schedule which I think helps a lot. She’s even napping in her crib most times!

7. Eating: This kid can eat, let me tell you. She’s eating 3 solids per day. She’s eating fruits for breakfast and veggies for dinner. She usually eats an entire jar of Stage 2 baby food for one meal. She also takes 24+ oz of formula every day, too. Our monthly handout also said she could start having juice once per day so we may introduce that soon, too.

8. Nicknames: Same as last month-I don’t think we’ve added any.

9. Things we’re looking forward to next month: We’re doing Clara’s 6-month pictures on May 21st and I’m really looking forward to it. They always turn out so well! We may also try out our first camping trip in June. We’re waiting for it to be a little warmer at night. Other than that, probably just spending lots of time outside enjoying the warm weather and beautiful flowers.

10. How I like motherhood: It’s still a lot of work, but I’m really enjoying it. :)

a. Likes: Now that Clara’s on a schedule it makes life easier on everyone, especially when she naps in her crib. I can get things done around the house. Adam and I have divided the house up into areas of responsibility for cleaning/keeping clean and it helps to have his support. It makes me less stressed. I also love watching Clara learn things. You can almost see the wheels turning when she’s trying to figure something out.

b. Dislikes: There isn’t much I don’t like. Sometimes I wish I had more “me” time, but I know that I have lots of support and plenty of people who wouldn’t mind watching her if I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment