Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011...The NEW Zoo!

May 8, 2011 was my very first "official" Mother's Day. We celebrated a little bit last year. We took my mom out for sushi. It was also the start of my 2nd trimester. One year later, we have an outside baby! I heard that the NEW Zoo was having free admission for all moms so I wanted to take advantage, especially if the weather was going to be nice...which it was! Clara had spent Saturday night by Adam's mom so we had to go pick her up-not a big deal since they're sort of on the way to the zoo anyway. So we picked her up and I changed her into a really cute dress that Grandma Anita got her for Easter. I'm so glad it was warm enough for her to wear it without a sweatshirt! We loaded up the car and off to the zoo we went!

It was a gorgeous day! We saw lots of animals...and lots of people! I'm not sure which she enjoyed watching more. Daddy was having a field day showing her all the animals. He even took her through the petting zoo barn. I opted to stay outside because my allergies were giving me fits, which isn't fun on top of a cold. We even got to see a giraffe up close! Clara tried to eat him. :)


We spent most of the afternoon there. I have to say this is the best Mother's Day so far. :) On our way out, I wanted to get a picture of me and the munchkin because, quite frankly, I don't have many of just her and I. I'm usually the one taking the picture! So I found a good spot right by the entrance that had lots of pretty flowers for a back drop. Daddy did a good job. :)


And a trip to the zoo, especially someone's first trip to the zoo, requires a trip through the gift shop. We had to get her something to commemorate. :) We found this cute pink hat that has animals on it. She seems to like it.


"I give this hat 1 thumb up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment