Monday, August 15, 2011

The Great Soup Project!!

So I was contemplating whether to do this again or not. I did it last year before Clara was born so that we'd have food already made. The last time I did this I think I made 5-6 different soups that I could divide up into 2 quart jars each. One quart jar is enough of a meal for the two of us, especially when paired with some yummy biscuits!

So, I've decided to do this again this year. It'll be easier for us since Adam is going to be in school 2 days a week all fall/winter and I have a class every Tuesday night from 6-9 from the end of August until November. Some of our evenings are going to be quite hectic!

Now comes the fun part-deciding which recipes to make and finding the time to do ALL that cooking!! Last year my mom came over one afternoon and helped. I think this time I may do 2 different cooking sessions just so I don't go nuts!! Last year I made Summer Corn Chowder, Southwest Chili, Minestrone, Broccoli Cheese, and one more that I can't think of off hand. I want to do the Summer Corn Chowder and Southwest Chili again. Those were my favorites. Time to get out my giant soup cook book, I guess!

Stay tuned to find out which ones I decided to make! Maybe I'll even post some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment