Tuesday, June 12, 2012

2 Under Tuesday-6.12.12


Two Under Tuesday Survey

1.       How old are they?

a.       Sam:  2 months, 1 week, and 5 days old.

b.      Clara: 1 year, 7 months, 1 week and 3 days old.

2.       What activities are going on this week? I’m off work Monday and Tuesday. My mom is taking them for part of the day so I can get to the gym and get some errands/shopping done. Wednesday and Thursday I’m working and Adam’s at school so they’ll be by Mimi until he’s done with school and then I’m off the weekend. There’s a Father’s Day get-together at my Grandma’s house but I’m not quite sure what our Father’s Day plans are-that all depends on Daddy since it’s his day. J

3.       What are the challenges we are dealing with this week? We don’t really have any new challenges this week. Clara has been pretty good except for once in a while when she hasn’t napped and/or her teeth are bugging her.

4.       Any major milestones reached this week?

a.       Sam: Sam has really started interacting with his surroundings. It melts my heart to see him smile at me when he sees me.

b.      Clara: Clara knows almost the entire alphabet and knows what sounds the letters make.

5.       How are you feeling about having 2u2 at this point?

a.       Likes:  I like knowing that this is the hardest that 2u2 will be. Once they get a little older it’ll be a lot easier. It’s getting easier every week, too. Sam is content by himself for longer periods of time and I’m getting a little better organized.

b.      Dislikes:  The sheer amount of work. I don’t have any “me” time. I have time when the kids are in bed or not around, but I’m spending that time cleaning and keeping up with the housework rather than taking time for myself. I’m going to have some free time during the week so I can get to the gym…which is what I need.

6.       Any tips or tricks to share? Don’t sweat the small stuff. I used to pick all of Clara’s toys/books up after she went to bed at night. Sometimes I just don’t get to it anymore. It’s not that important. There are times when laundry and dishes are important (you know, like when you run out of clean underwear) but they aren’t for the most part. These kids grow up so darn fast it’s impossible not to miss something. I try to cherish all the times when all Sam wants to do is suckle and cuddle because I know he won’t want to when he gets older. And I try not to get short with Clara when she’s making a huge mess or she wants me to read to her and I’ve got my hands full. At least she wants to spend time with me. There may come a time when she doesn’t want to and I try to remind myself of that every day.



Picture of the Week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment