Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm still here...

Yes, I'm still around. Life has just been really, really, really busy lately.

So what have we been up to?

Adam is still in nursing school. He's almost mid-way through block 4. There seems to be a lot of additional homework even though he doesn't spend as much time in classes as he did last block. I imagine the next block will be just as bad. It's also his birthday this weekend. Unfortunately, I have to work. :(

I am still working full-time (and then some). I've also started back to school part-time. Right now I'm taking 2 classes (6 credits) and having a hard time keeping up with everything...mostly because of work. I usually get my school work done while I'm at work because I don't have the time at home to work on it and watch the kids, cook, keep up with the house stuff, etc, but work has been so nuts lately that I haven't had the opportunity. I have a feeling I'm going to spend most of the weekend (while I'm at work) with my nose stuck in books.

The kids are great. They're as busy as ever. Sam has been trying to figure out how to crawl. He has all the elements down, he just hasn't figured out how to put them in just the right order to gain forward momentum. I'm also starting him on baby food tomorrow. He just doesn't seem to stay full for very long and has been waking up in the night again. He's also able to sit up by himself for a while now. He still tips over eventually, but he's getting so much better! Clara's apparently nap striking again, but I'm hoping it's just a phase. She's done this before and it lasted a couple weeks before she went back to normal. She's been talking up a storm! She knows tons of words and phrases, as well as colors, animals, numbers...the list is endless. If it's even possible, it seems like her personality is coming out more and more everyday.

We have just a couple weeks until October and I need to get birthday planning into full swing. So far we have a date (November 3) but not a time or location yet. I also need to get her 2-year pictures scheduled for sometime in October. I'm really looking forward to that!

Then pretty soon it's Thanksgiving and Christmas...geez, where did the year go?

No comments:

Post a Comment