Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Randomness...

I had some free time today so I thought I'd just post about some randoms stuff. And it's Tuesday, not Wednesday, so I'll be doing another post tomorrow!

I've posted before about my disgruntled-ness with my old camera. Don't get me wrong, it's a great camera, I'm just not happy with some of the pictures it  has taken. I entertained ideas of getting a DSLR, but after looking into it, they seem to be more work than I'm willing to take on. So after asking my friend Katie for ideas, she pointed me towards the Sony line of Cybershots. After doing a little more searching I found this option:

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX100 16.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Still Camera with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 30x Optical Zoom Lens, 3D Sweep Panorama and Full HD 1080 Video


It gives a lot of the same options as a DSLR, but in more of a point & shoot platform. It's actually considered a "bridge" camera, bridging the gap between a point & shoot and a DSLR. I think this will be the perfect camera for me and it got really great reviews. I'm *hoping* to get it for Christmas *hint hint*. Or maybe an early Christmas present so I can use it for Clara's first birthday party. :)

Speaking of Clara's first birthday party, after careful review we've decided to do 2 parties: one for my family and one for Adam's...mostly because my parents are going to be in HAWAII for her actual birthday. :) I wasn't sure how I was going to pull off a "theme" for her birthday if I have 2 parties, but there's really no reason that we can't do the same theme for both. In the pictures it'll actually look like everyone was at the same party then! lol We're going with a polka-dot cupcake theme. I found some really cute invitations but haven't narrowed it down yet. Here's some ideas:
First Birthday Cupcake Girl Die-cut InvitationGirl Cupcake InvitationOne-derful Girl Invitation

I also thought instead of doing a cake, we'd do cupcakes. Then we don't have to worry about making a separate smaller "smash" cake for Clara. She can just have her own cupcake with a candle and we can also accommodate the gluten allergy issues that we have in our family.

And as a parting gift, here's a couple pictures of my little person. :)


Mama, give me that camera!





Who is this little person playing in my living room???


No comments:

Post a Comment