Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weight Watchers...Thursday?

Ugh! I know it's terrible that I keep missing Wednesday! lol

So for my quick WW update this week, I'm once again down. I know only have .2lbs left to lose to hit my goal! Yay me! I've been doing really well at not eating when I'm just bored, which is a huge deal for me. I used to be able to do it all the time, but not so much anymore. I'd also like to try to get my midsection back into shape. I have a lot of extra skin/fat hanging out from when I was pregnant. It doesn't make me feel real fantastic about how I look, but I DID get into a size 4 pair of jeans this week, and even  had a little room to spare!

I found a really delish recipe last week that I've been dying to try. Ok, well we tried the onions on our beef tenderloin last week. They were to die for! We're already thinking of other ways to use them! Here's the recipe. It's also from the Weight Watcher's website.

Flank Steak with Triple-Grilled Onions
NA
3 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar


4 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar

3 medium onion(s), yellow, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices

1 large vidalia onion(s), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices

2 medium red onion(s), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices

1 tsp table salt, divided

1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

1 1/4 pound(s) raw lean flank steak



Instructions

Preheat grill to medium.

In a small bowl, combine sugar and vinegar; brush over onions and then sprinkle onions with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Either skewer onions on metal skewers or place in a grill basket; grill onions until soft and caramelized, turning occasionally, about 45 minutes.

Sprinkle steak with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper; place on grill 30 minutes after onions. Cook 15 minutes, turning once, until medium rare, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain. Yields about 4 ounces of steak and 2/3 cup of onions per serving.
Each serving is only 7 points so pair this with some delicious seasonal vegetables and you've got yourself a healthy dinner!

It's been a little nuts around the Mueller household lately, but I do plan on gathering all the information for Clara's 8-month survey soon. That's right, she's 8 months old already! My how time flies. We're starting to think about ideas for her 1st birthday. I've already found some really cute invitations. We just need to sit down with a calendar and figure out some dates and locations. I also really need to get some recent pictures of her. I've been so bad about it, mostly because she's crawling now and into EVERYTHING (ok, and I hate my camera, lol).

Just a couple more weeks and I'll be done with school. Fall semester starts in September and goes until Christmas. After that I'll be done with school for a couple years. I need to be available to help out around the house more once Adam starts at Bellin in January and can't count on getting my school work done while I'm at work. I just don't always have the time and don't deserve to just rush through it and get barely passing grades just to graduate sooner.

I'm looking forward to seeing Harry Potter this weekend. Adam and I are going to have a sushi date and then see the last Harry Potter movie while Clara hangs out with Grandma. :) I know they'll both have a good time. Our first anniversary is also coming up in 2 weeks!! We're planning (right now anyway) on getting our tattoos done finally! We're both getting something for Clara, but thought it would be fun to go together as an anniversary thing. We'll see what happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment