Tuesday, May 15, 2012

2 under Tuesday-5.15.12


Two Under Tuesday Survey

1.       How old are they?

a.       Sam: 1 month, 2 weeks, and 1 day

b.      Clara: 1 year, 6 months, 1 week and 6 days

2.       What activities are going on this week? Adam is off of school so we've been working outside a lot which is fun but hard. Other than that we don't really have a lot of things planned. We've just been trying to spend time together.

3.       What are the challenges we are dealing with this week? Still somewhat the same as last week only this week I'm not doing it alone. Clara is back to fighting naps again. She didn't take one on Sunday or today, despite playing outside all day both days. The only nice thing about that is we usually have no trouble getting her to bed at night.

One of my other issues is getting to the grocery store. It NEEDS to get done but it's difficult with 2 kids. Number one, I'm not sure where to put 2 kids and the groceries if I go alone (other than putting Sam in the Moby) and Number 2, the thought of doing all the grocery shopping with both kids in tow is EXHAUSTING!

4.       Any major milestones reached this week?

a.       Sam: He's starting to smile a lot more. He still hasn't really smiled AT anyone but he's starting to smile more and coo at things. He's also awake for quite a long time during the day now. I love watching the funny faces he makes when he sits in his high chair while we're all eating dinner.

b.      Clara: Nothing major, but she has picked up a couple new words again: apple and owl. She has also started mimicking sneezing. She'll say "ah, ah, ah, do!" and then fall down and laugh. It's hilarious.

5.       How are you feeling about having 2u2 at this point?

a.       Likes: Clara has been really helpful the last couple days. She'll bring me things I need, like Sam's paci and blanket. It's neat to see her interacting with him.

b.      Dislikes: I've been struggling with patience lately...especially when Clara won't nap and Sam is being fussy. I know he's just coming into his next growth spurt and it should be getting better soon, but until then I'm glad Adam's home to help!

6.       Any tips or tricks to share? I think I need to figure out a better system for naptime. I've been trying to keep Clara on the same nap schedule but I think I need to try to get Sam down first and then try to get Clara down. The only problem is that I'm not guaranteed that Sam will stay down...or that I'll be able to put Clara in her crib for that matter. 

Picture of the Week:

No comments:

Post a Comment