Monday, June 28, 2010

Wild Weekend

This past weekend was pure insanity! The only thing that made it nice is that I was off of work on Thursday and Friday....4-day weekend!

Friday we had the rehearsal/dinner for my brother's wedding. The church was so hot and humid, I'm glad it didn't take longer than planned! My cousins Katie & Jess were standing up (Kate was a flower girl and Jess was the junior bride). I can't get over how grown up Jess is! I think she's going on 11! I remember when she was born, and now she's wearing heels and looking like quite the grown-up young lady! The rehearsal dinner was at Luigi's...normally a very good restaurant, except Adam is allergic to garlic and couldn't eat anything or even be in the room without getting sick. And for whatever reason, probably to do with the baby, I can't stand pizza (which was all that was served). So after much bitching, we ended up going to Beerntsen's for ice cream. :)

Saturday was the BIG day! I got my hair did...which was a nice treat. We got to the church on time (which was a miracle!) and the ceremony went beautifully! Everyone looked great, despite it being around 80 degrees inside! After the ceremony the wedding party went across the street to the Sport Bar. The rest of us went home! lol Adam and I ate lunch and then packed ourselves and Scooter into the Explorer. We dropped Scooter off in Luxemburg with Adam's parents and headed to Green Bay for the reception.

The reception was great, too! Food was amazing, Adam could actually eat all of it, and everyone stayed until the bitter end...even my Grandma! It was fun to watch my Uncle Carl dance (he took classes and competes).

Sunday morning we had a great breakfast at the Hotel Sierra. Omlettes made to order, along with all the other yummy breakfast fare, free of charge! We saw the wedding party...and they didn't look too bad, despite the late night and much libation. :) Gift opening was at 11, and after that we packed Kenny & Jessica, along with all their stuff, into my truck and Mom & Dad's van and took them home. After picking up Scooter, I think we finally got home around 3.

I like to take a walk around my yard when I've been away for even a day or 2, to see how my plants are doing. I put in some new flowers this spring and have been anxiously waiting for them to open. I took a few pictures so you can see. They're also on a slideshow on the side of this blog.




Baby wise, I've been feeling a LOT more movement lately! That little one is getting quite active! I've been feeling pretty good, despite the heat and humidity. On Wednesday we have our BIG ultrasound. We're hoping to stay Team Green, unless I have a breakdown on that day. Mostly we're just hoping for a healthy baby. And it sounds like we might be getting our nursery painted this coming weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment