Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crap.

So the doctor's office finally called about my labwork results. As we already found out, my results for the 1-hour glucose test came back at the cutoff. And as I feared, my doctor wants me to take the dreaded 3-hour test. This is what's going to happen:

8pm-No more food or drink.
8am-Report to the clinic and get stabbed. Then chug a nasty sugar drink and try not to murder everyone in the clinic because I'm starving.
9am-Get stabbed again. Try to continue to occupy myself...either by reading, or crying from hunger, or something yet to be determined.
10am-Get stabbed again. Rinse, repeat.
11am-Get stabbed yet again. Notice a pattern here?
12pm-Maybe get stabbed again before I leave. And then cross everything that can be crossed that I pass and I don't have to go on some crappy diet.

I get nothing to eat or drink while I'm at the clinic, and I must stay at the clinic for the entire test. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my day off. But a lot of ladies on thebump.com say that they failed their one-hour and went on to pass their 3-hour with flying colors. Hopefully I'm one of them.

To console myself after this news today, I went shopping and bought some cute clothes for work beceause they're finally letting me ditch the uniform and wear clothes that actually fit! It was money I didn't really need to spend right now, but at least I can be comfortable at work.

And I have my shower to look forward to on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment