Friday, August 20, 2010

Nursery Progress

So our Baby Shower is on Saturday morning. I wanted the nursery done by the time the shower rolled around so that I could start putting things away when we get them home. This is what the nursery looked like when we started:


Adam's been hard at work trying to get it done. A couple weeks ago Jessi and Mom came over to put the first coat of paint on the walls. I'm not saying it was bright, but holy crap, I thought 2 things: either I made a huge mistake with the paint color, or our poor girl was going to need sunglasses to live in her own room! The first coat didn't cover very well. And the light fixture was terrible! A couple more weeks went by and Adam was able to get all the paint up on the walls. It took 3 coats plus touch-up! We also ended up finding a ceiling fan that we both liked.


The next step was installing the hardwood floor. We decided to go with bamboo, because it's a light color, it's inexpensive, and well, it looks awesome!
Here's Adam and his dad installing the floor. It's almost done!
The last two pictures I took were today. Some of the trim is in and Adam put together a storage unit that I plan to use next to Clara's changer to store bath items, diapers, wipes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment