Thursday, August 26, 2010

30 Weeks! Yikes!

Here's me at 30 weeks! At this point in time, there are approximately 10 weeks left in the pregnancy, though full-term is considered 37 weeks. Clara is approximately the size of a squash now! She is anywhere from 15 to 17 inches long and weighs anywhere from 2.5-4lbs. Other things that she's up to in there: forming wrinkles on her brain. :) Don't worry, this is a good thing. She's also establishing sleep/wake cycles...though I haven't really found many sleep cycles! She's been very active and loves to beat Mommy up all day long! I don't mind. It lets me know she's ok.

Today we had our 30-week check-up with Dr V. Everything is still looking good! I caught a bug sometime during the beginning of the week. I ended up sleeping most of the week away, and generally didn't have a lot of energy. I'm still not 100% today, but I'm getting there. Anyway, I digress. My blood pressure was awesome again: 122/64 and my weight was 155.9-up only 2lbs since my last appointment two weeks ago! It seems to have tapered off some, but as long as Clara's still growing fine, there's nothing to worry about. And she does seem to be growing fine, she's still measuring about 1 week ahead at 31 weeks. We also went over our birth plan with Dr. V. He said it looked good and there weren't too many surprises on there. It's mostly a fall-back in case he isn't the one to deliver me.

So what's coming up next? For OB appointments, not much. At 36 weeks we'll get our check for Group B strep. Not a big deal, if I test positive I'll just be getting antibiotics during labor. And I do believe that will be the first of the internals, as well as checking to make sure she's head-down and ready to go. Until then, we just continue to make sure she's growing like she should be.

I also posted 2 pictures from her latest ultrasound, which was on August 13th. She wasn't cooperating very well to give us a profile shot, but there is one of here looking straight on. It's sort of hard to make stuff out, though. And also, a "money" shot, confirming that yes, she's still a girl. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment