Saturday, September 11, 2010

32 weeks and Nursery update.

32 week! I can't believe how fast this trimester is going by! We've gotten a lot done, but there's still enough to do where I don't feel like I can relax just yet.

So what's new for 32 weeks? Size-wise, she's somewhere between a squash and a honeydew melon; probably right around 17 inches long and around 4 pounds. She'll gain a third to around half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks, which also means I can expect to see the numbers on the scale climbing, as well. She's still moving really well, too, though I suspect she's quickly running out of room. I can also tell if she's head-up or head-down depending on where I can feel her hiccups (which she seems to get an awful lot!!). As I'm typing this she's practicing her dancing! We had our 32 week appointment a day early because I was feeling extremely dizzy. Turns out my bp was REALLY low (92/something). I went home, took it easy and drank a lot of water. Clara was fine, though. Her heartbeat was just pounding merrily away. :) My weight is still good, too (161) and I'm still measuring one week ahead. Our next appointment is scheduled for September 22 at 3:30.

Other things we've been up to? Almost finishing the nursery! Adam's mom brought us the beautiful curtains! We picked the fabric out last weekend and she brought them today when they came over. I think we were all pleasantly surprised how nice everything turned out. We're just waiting, now, on the curtains that will cover the closet door. I also got the diaper bag packed. I still need to pack my hospital bag, but I have quite a few more things to buy that have to get put in there. My family will be getting our dresser-the last big piece of furniture (well other than something to sit on) and we'll hopefully be picking up the swing towards the end of the month as well.


In other news, Adam had an appointment with a non-VA doctor, one who specializes in knees. We were hoping he'd be able to get something done soon, but that's not the case. The doctor, instead, opted to do a diagnostic arthroscopy but the only time he could get in is October 7. We'll be bringing all of our "baby" needs with us as I'll be 36 weeks pregnant by then and quite frankly, I feel like a ticking time-bomb lately...which I'm sure won't change by that time!

Today my mom came over and helped me cook. I made 5 different kinds of soups and froze them in quart jars for after Clara's born. Each quart jar should be enough to feed both Adam and I, especially if you throw in some refrigerator biscuits. It'll be nice to not have to cook and it'll give us a chance to get other things done....or sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment