Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A great week so far!

After such a fun weekend, I was sad to have to come back to work. But it ended up not being so bad.

I got a pretty good night's sleep on Sunday night-something that doesn't happen often anymore. Aside from the a/c being out in the building where I work (again) and it being 90 degrees, it was actually a somewhat pleasant day at work! When I got home Adam & I went grocery shopping, finally, and then my Mom & I went to a friend's house for a Tastefully Simple open house. I bought some boxed soup mixes for after Clara's born.

Tuesday was another hot day, but not unpleasant as far as work goes. I went home in the afternoon and immediately crawled back into my pajamas...and stayed there! lol I did a little laundry and cooked some dinner. The only damper on the night was the fact that I had 3 or so Braxton-Hicks contractions in about an hour and half. I decided it was time to go lay down. Well, I ended up falling asleep. But I think it was 7:30 anyway so it's not like I wasted a lot of time, and I can use the sleep!

Today I got to work, only to find that the supervisor who is usually on is goose hunting! It's almost like a vacation at work! AND I have an interview for a promotion today! I've been trying to get this promotion for over a year now! I'm not expecting miracles, especially since I'll only be at work until 10/28, but I'll take what I can get at this point!

Tomorrow, I'm hoping for the same sort of workday as today. The weather's even supposed to be a lot cooler. It's good because I am SO OVER being hot all the time! Then tomorrow night Adam's parents are bringing the crib over. That'll be really exciting! I'm going to wash some of the sheets tonight so I can put them on tomorrow....except I just realized I don't have the waterproof mattress pad yet. Ok, well I'll wash the sheets and just hang them on the side of the crib until I get the pad on Friday.

Friday we are doing our marathon baby-shopping trip! We'll be taking all of our remaining wedding/baby shower money, gift cards, and coupons to Babies R Us and purchasing all of the remaining things we still need for Clara. Some of the heavy hitters: Travel System, bouncer, swing, feeding items, diaper bag, and a lot of other little stuff. We got a few items in the mail from Target yesterday...a pacifier sterlizer, a bumper set, and a cooler bag for bottles. It's going to be a long day, but it should be fun anyway. Though I think I'll have more fun once we get home and I can finish organizing the nursery! My family is buying our dresser and it hasn't gotten purchased yet, but it should be soon and that will really be the final item we're waiting for-other than Clara!

No comments:

Post a Comment