Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Normally, I hate Mondays. I should even have a reason to hate today. I got to work and the computer decided it wasn't going to work. Normally, this would have put me over the edge right away. For some reason, I'm in a really great mood. I don't know if it's the weather or what.

We had another great weekend. On Friday we went to Oktoberfest in Appleton to watch Eli Mattson (www.elimattson.com) play. He's Adam's friend from high school, which makes it even more fun, especially when we don't get to see him that often. We also got to see his fiancee, Carrie. I've been looking forward to seeing her again since she came to Wisco 3 weeks ago to visit! It was great. And it's nice not being the only one who can't drink. They'll be finding out the sex of their baby on Wednesday. I'm soo excited!! She and I also talked about us coming out to PA this spring for a visit.

Saturday was spent, at least for Adam, in recovery mode. We were supposed to attend a birthday party and then go to dinner with Eli, Carrie, and the band guys, but Adam and I both ended up in bed at 6:30; him with a hangover and me with a bad case of the grouchies. Apparently all I needed was a lot of rest, though. I got up 12 hours later feeling pretty fantastic.

Sunday we were up early....mostly due to being in bed for 12 hours. :) Adam's parents came over and brought the cornice for our dining room. It looks AMAZING!! Anita also made us a table runner for our new table out of the same fabric as the cornice. And she brought the curtains for the closet in Clara's room. Adam spent the day home-improving. He took down the half-wall in the dining room and got the remainder of the walls primed. All that's left to do back there is paint and repair the floor/wall/ceiling where the half-wall was. Then he'll be starting in the living room. We're ripping out the carpet in front of the front door and replacing it with tile. The carpet is pretty much destroyed, which one would expect when you put carpet in a foyer and you live in Wisconsin in the winter.

This week is pretty busy. Tonight I'm getting my oil changed and we might be going to the Y. Tomorrow we're going to Green Bay. We're going to Babies R Us to pick up the remainder of the items we need for Clara, and then we're going out for sushi at Little Tokyo (http://www.thegreenbaysushi.com/). I might see if I can convince him to go to Motherhood Maternity, too, since I need a few nursing tops and maybe a pair of jeans. Wednesday my Dad is coming over to stain the new door for Clara's room and Thursday there's nothing on the books. I'm enjoying staying busy because it seems to make the time between now and my due date (38 days) go faster, though everyone thinks I'll be delivering early. Clara has dropped over the last week. We'll find out on October 6 if we've made any progress dilation-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment