Monday, November 7, 2011

18 week survey

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 18 weeks

Total weight gain: +8lbs (136.0lbs)


How big is baby?: The size of a sweet potato.

Sleep?: I busted out the body pillow last night and seemed to sleep better. Otherwise I was getting so sore by 4am that I couldn’t sleep comfortably anymore. Of course, I’ve been so exhausted this week that I hardly think it would matter.


How are you feeling physically? BIG. The doctor assured me at our last appointment that everything is measuring right on track, but it doesn’t make me feel less huge.


How are you feeling emotionally?: Good. We had Clara’s 1st birthday parties over the weekend and I think that was the hardest part. Hopefully I’ll be feeling less stressed now that the parties are over with and my Tuesday night class is also ending so that should free up the calendar some.


Best moment this week?: Welcoming my parents back home from their vacation in Hawaii. Clara was so happy to see Grandma! Also her birthday parties. They were a lot of fun and she got a lot of really nice gifts.

Movement?: More now, but still not consistent. Some kicks/punches are getting way more noticeable!

What is baby up to this week?: Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.

Food cravings?: A lot of things! Lol Pizza, Chinese food, ice cream. Thankfully I’ve been able to hold them at bay so I can keep my weight down. I’m happy to see that I’ve gained less than a half pound over the last week.

Labor signs?: Nope. Not even Braxton Hicks.

What I miss: Having clothes that fit. I’m currently between wardrobes (both size-wise and weather-wise).

What I'm looking forward to: Our anatomy scan is in 3 weeks, but I’m still trying to get Adam to agree to an elective. :)

Random Thoughts: I can’t believe I have a one year old! I also can’t believe I’ll be doing this all over again with 2! I was thinking about the holidays and how this will be our last Thanksgiving and Christmas with one baby. Next year we’ll have 2! And our second won’t be a tiny squishy baby, either! S/He’ll be 8-9 months old! It’s hard to believe!
Excuse my shirt...I was in my jammies for the night and almost forgot to take this!

No comments:

Post a Comment