Monday, November 28, 2011

21 week survey-19 weeks to go!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 21 weeks

Total weight gain: +11 lbs (139lbs) I blame Thanksgiving!

How big is baby?: The size of a banana.

Sleep?: Bad. I don’t know if it’s because we rearranged the bedroom or if we changed the kind of sheets on the bed or what, but I’ve not had a good night’s sleep since Thursday!

How are you feeling physically? Achy. I made the mistake of moving furniture by myself on Friday night and ended up in bed all night because my back hurt so badly. It’s better now, but I’m really looking forward to my chiropractor appointment tomorrow! Other than that, I’m good. Just a few small Braxton Hicks contractions the last couple days but nothing else major.

How are you feeling emotionally?: Still really good. I’m just really excited to meet my little man…and really excited to find a name for this guy! We still haven’t been able to decide on anything concrete yet.

Best moment this week?: We have our anatomy scan on Wednesday that I’m really looking forward to. I’m also looking forward to finding out if I’ll have my very first niece or nephew on Tuesday!

Movement?: Pretty much all the time now. He’s really active right when I lay down to go to sleep. It takes me a little while to fall asleep because he’s so crazy in there!

What is baby up to this week?: Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Food cravings?: Oranges and celery with peanut butter. It’s nice to have healthy cravings for a change! I did have some cookies last night (and have some in my lunch today) but I only make a couple at a time. That’s the nice thing about having dough frozen in the freezer!

Labor signs?: Just some Braxton Hicks contractions, but they’re nowhere near as frequent or uncomfortable as they were last time.

What I miss: Being able to drink wine during the holidays. I still plan to have a glass or 2 between now and Christmas, but other than that, I’m not drinking.

What I'm looking forward to: Our anatomy scan on Wednesday. I always look forward to seeing my little man and making sure he’s still healthy and growing in there.

Random Thoughts: None this week really. I’ve been too busy with the holidays and a cranky, sick toddler to have much time to think. I did get a lot accomplished over the last 4 days off of work, but I still have a lot left to do! Which reminds me, I need to work on my to-do list.

21 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment