Monday, November 21, 2011

Half baked!! 20 week survey

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 20 weeks! Half-baked!

Total weight gain: +9.8 lbs (137.8lbs)

How big is baby?: The size of a cantaloupe.

Sleep?: Except for this nasty cold that I have, it hasn’t been too bad lately. The body pillow is a must these days, but other than that it hasn’t been too bad.

How are you feeling physically? I’m feeling pretty well, actually. I had some major pelvic pain late last week that I thought I might have to get checked out, but all seems well now except for this darn cold!

How are you feeling emotionally?: Really great! It must be a good hormones week or something. Adam started randomly ripping down wallpaper in the bathroom and kitchen and the mess sort of made me freak out, but once I got everything cleaned up again I felt better. Now I’m just excited to start picking stuff out for our baby boy as well as getting ready for the upcoming holidays!

Best moment this week?: We found out this past Friday that we are indeed expecting a little boy! We’re overjoyed to be having one of each and I really look forward to seeing how Clara will react to a little brother. Now we just have to decide on a name for this fella!


Movement?: Yep! A lot and the kicks are getting strong enough for me to see them and for Adam to feel them sometimes. And according to our ultrasound tech on Friday, he’s REALLY active!! I had a hard time keeping up with him on the Doppler last night!

What is baby up to this week?: Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

Food cravings?: I haven’t had much of an appetite this week due to my cold, but I’ve been eating a lot of salads. I’ve also been craving sweets, though I’ve tried not to give into that temptation unless I can have a healthy snack like an orange.

Labor signs?: Thankfully not, just some Braxton Hicks which aren’t painful, but more annoying than anything else.

What I miss: At the moment, I’m not really missing anything. I do miss having wine, but I had a tiny bit at the Muellers Thanksgiving and I may or may not have a little bit at my own Thanksgiving on Thursday.

What I'm looking forward to: Thanksgiving on Thursday, taking Clara to the Christmas parade on Saturday, and our anatomy scan on the following Tuesday!

Random Thoughts: I go back and forth being excited about having a boy and being terrified! I think a lot of it is anxiety about taking care of a newborn baby boy with his poor circumcision and just being able to be a good mom to a boy. I worry that I won’t be as snuggly with him because he’s a boy. But everyone keeps saying that boys are like Mommy’s best friends. I guess we’ll have to see! I can’t believe how fast the first half of this pregnancy has gone! Just 7 more weeks left of this trimester and then we’ll be in the home stretch! I can’t believe it!
20 week bump pic...And not in my pajamas!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment