Monday, November 14, 2011

19 week survey

Weekly Survey:

How far along? 19 weeks…almost halfway there!


Total weight gain: +9lbs (137lbs)

How big is baby?: The size of a mango.

Sleep?: Insomnia seems to be creeping up again. It usually hits me around 1am and then I end up staying awake half the night.

How are you feeling physically? Pretty good, considering. I find that if I’m on my feet too long my back is really sore the next day, but otherwise I’m doing pretty well. I think keeping my weight in check really helps, too.

How are you feeling emotionally?: Ok, I guess. I did have a couple nights when something triggered an enormous crying episode that lasted a few hours, but I think there was a lot of pent-up frustration that needed to come out.

Best moment this week?: Finding out what we’re having! And Adam got to feel an outside kick for the first time.

Movement?: Lots! It’s still not consistent like I know it will be in another couple weeks, but I’m still feeling it a lot. It’s wonderful! :)

What is baby up to this week?: Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

Food cravings?: No cravings, but I’m having a hard time with some meats. Pork is almost completely off my menu. I can do a couple strips of bacon, but I keep making ribs in the crock pot only to find I can’t eat them. I think ham might be ok, though. The turkey that we had for Thanksgiving last night also wasn’t a big hit with my stomach.

Labor signs?: I’ve been having some Braxton Hicks contractions; not a lot, but they’re noticeable. Having a full bladder and my being upset usually are a good trigger.

What I miss: Clothes that fit. I’m supplementing my wardrobe as much as I can, but last time I was pregnant it was summer so I have a lot of short-sleeved shirts and tanks that I can’t wear until I buy a couple cardigans to go over! I also bought a winter jacket because I know none of mine will fit in another month.

What I'm looking forward to: We’re having an elective ultrasound on Friday to see if we’re having a boy or a girl. :) There’s some awesome sales at a local consignment shop this weekend and I wanted to take advantage. After that Adam and I are going to see Breaking Dawn!!!!!!! I’m super excited about it!


Random Thoughts: I think this pregnancy is harder on me emotionally because of my body-image issues. I was always really skinny growing up. After I had Clara I gained 60lbs and it took a lot of work to get the weight off, but my body was forever changed. I was just starting to get comfortable with it when I got pregnant again. It’s hard for me to be ok with gaining weight and getting big, even though I know I’m pregnant and it’s going to happen. At least Adam still thinks I’m attractive. :)


19 week pic

No comments:

Post a Comment