Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Toddle Along Tuesday-Thankfulness

First off, I want to say that I’m really happy Mama G is back with Toddle Along Tuesdays! I always enjoy reading all the posts that link up with her and seeing the diversity of the other mama bloggers out there!


 

 

 
The topic of this week’s post is “Things You’re Thankful For,” rather fitting since this week brings us to Thanksgiving (one of my favorite holidays :)).

 
In years past I never really took time out to think about all the things I’m thankful for. We just plunked ourselves down at the dining table and proceeded to shovel food. Don’t get me wrong, there’s still plenty of that. Actually, there’s even more since I now have in-laws and get to have TWO Thanksgiving feasts! So this year, thanks to the prodding of Toddle Along Tuesdays (Thanks again Mama G!!), I’m going to make a list of all the things (or at least as many as them as I can think of) that I’m thankful for.

 
  • My health (even though I’ve got a nasty cold!!) and this healthy pregnancy. 
  • The love and support of my awesome rock star husband who is working his butt off and then some in order to give us the best life he can. 
  • My beautiful and funny little girl, Clara, who always has me in stitches. She’s the light of my life and I’m so thankful that she’s mine!! 
  • My family who is always there to bail me out. Clara says she’s thankful, too, because she can spend the day with Grandma rather than go to daycare! 
  • The November mommies on Facebook! They’re seriously some of my best friends. I haven’t met any of these ladies in person (at least not yet!) but they’ve got some of the biggest hearts around. Not to mention, it’s very handy to have kids the same age so that we can compare notes and strategize against the kiddos (especially when we think they sometimes Skype with each other and plot ways to drive us insane!). 
  • The very few friends that I have in real life. You guys are amazing and I’m glad to have each one of you. 
  • And last, but certainly not least, the men and women who serve and have served our country to protect the awesome land that we live in. Without their sacrifice we would not be able to even have the ability to post blogs like this, let alone much else! Our freedoms and our way of life would not be possible without these brave men and women and for that I am truly thankful.

 
I hope that during the upcoming holiday season, with its hustle and bustle and general busy-ness, that everyone can take a few minutes to remember what this time of year is all about: spending time with friends and family. It’s not about giving gifts or eating delicious food. It’s about appreciating what we do have.

 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Be safe!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment