Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday-Diaper Bags

I never gave much thought to diaper bags when I first found out I was pregnant. I just thought I'd find something that I didn't hate...after all, what would it be used for? I'm just sticking diapers in it.
So I bought one I didn't hate and used it until Clara was a little over a year old.

For Christmas "Santa" got her a cute pink backpack that has butterflies and is personalized. We figured when she got big enough she could carry it herself. It's also big enough that we can get a couple days worth of clothes in it if she spends the weekend at the grandparents' house.

When I found out I was expecting Sam I just figured I'd use the same diaper bag I had first used with Clara. A couple weeks before I had him I had gone to Shopko to pick up some last minute items. The purse section is immediately across from the front door. Normally I don't even look (I have a serious purse addiction), but I had seen a REALLY cute bag that I thought could double as a diaper bag if I just had to be out really quick.
The most awesome thing about this bag is that it's green. It's made from recycled bottles!


So, what's in my bag?
  • A bunch of diapers for Sam (I've learned to take more than I think I'll need for him even we're gone for a short time).
  • A couple diapers for Clara.
  • Wipes
  • A change of pants for Clara and a couple outfit changes for Sam.
  • A receiving blanket and burp rag.
  • My nursing cover, wallet, coupons, checkbook, pen, chopstick, and roll of arm & hammer diaper disposable bags, and my mommy hook.
  • There's also enough room in there for a small bottle and some snacks for Clara.
I had no intention of buying a new bag but at 50% off I couldn't pass it up! And I'm glad I didn't because it works really great and it's super cute. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow I'm surprised you can fit that much in there, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at how much it could hold, too!

      Delete
  2. Your bag is super cute and can hold a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've gotten so many compliments on it, and people are especially excited to hear that it's made from recycled material!

      Delete