Monday, April 16, 2012

Two under Tuesday...The first week.

**This post is from last week-I could not get it posted due to internet issues**

Two Under Tuesday Survey

1.       How old are they?

a.       Sam: 1 week old

b.      Clara: 17 months old

2.       What activities are going on this week? We went shopping on Friday and took Sam’s newborn pictures. Saturday we had Easter at Adam’s parents’ house and then on Sunday we had Easter at my parents’ house. It was a busy weekend! This week is pretty boring! We have nothing on the books…except maybe welcoming a new nephew!

3.       What are the challenges we are dealing with this week? We’re spending more time together as a family of 4. This will be Adam’s first full week back to school and I’m going to try to have Clara home more so she can get used to Sam. Mornings are a little hectic, but Sam’s usually a late sleeper so I have time to get Clara up and get her settled before I need to feed Sam. So far, so good!

4.       Any major milestones reached this week?

a.       Sam: He had his first check-up last Wednesday. He’s not losing weight and his bili numbers were a tad high but not concerning.

b.      Clara: She picked up a couple new words this week: up, cup, goat, and a couple more I can’t think of just now.

5.       How are you feeling about having 2u2 at this point?

a.       Likes: Seeing the 2 beautiful children I’ve created with my husband.

b.      Dislikes: Having a newborn is hard. I’m doing most of the work myself (my choice) so it can get a little overwhelming sometimes, but it’ll get easier. I’m getting Sam on a nighttime schedule and I think it’s going well so far.

6.       Any tips or tricks to share? It seems like a schedule is even more important when you have multiple kids. I’m trying to get them on sort of the same schedule at night and so far it’s been working pretty well. I know that might change when he starts spending more time awake than asleep, but for now it works. And I’m actually able to get quite a bit of sleep in between feedings. The most important part that I’ve learned is to be patient and if we need to go anywhere, leave plenty of time…especially if all 4 of us are leaving the house!



Picture of the Week:


1 comment: