Thursday, July 8, 2010

23 Weeks.

17 weeks left to go. I can't believe how quickly the time seems to be going, though it does seem to have slowed down quite a bit since the 20 week mark.

Here's a few interesting facts about this week:

Size: She's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound.

Development: Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

She's quite the active baby most days. And I can definitely tell she's going to be a handful when she's born! She was quite the sassy girl yesterday! She gave her momma a kick so hard it startled me!!

We had Baby Boot Camp last night. I think we're the farthest behind out of all the couples, but I don't mind. Most of the couples are really nice. There's only a few who are a little "high school-ish," but we don't really socialize with them. We learned all about contractions and what to do if we think we're in labor before and after 35 weeks, as well as different induction methods.

While it was interesting to learn about, it's not something that will be included in my birth plan when I make it. Once your water breaks, you're on the clock (so-to-speak). I plan to labor at home as long as I can before going to the hospital. I want to be able to eat and drink when I want to and not be hooked up to monitors constantly. We have a doppler at home if we're concerned at all about the baby. And there's really no reason for me to go in as soon as labor starts, as I don't plan on getting pain medication. I'm planning on using hypnobirthing to manage my labor. I should be getting my home study course in the mail next week. I look forward to practicing, and it will allow me a few minutes relaxation everyday, too.

As for the rest of the week, I have a test to take tomorrow in Correctional Philosophy after work, and then we leave for camping! I can't wait, it looks like a beautiful weekend. I'm planning on bringing my Kindle so I can do some reading, and if it isn't too hot, I'd like to do a lot of walking, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment