Monday, December 5, 2011

22 Week survey-18 to go!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 22 weeks! 18 weeks left

Total weight gain: +13lbs (141lbs)

How big is baby?: The size of a papaya.

Sleep?: Last night it was terrible. In general, though, it’s been pretty good.

How are you feeling physically? Today I’m a bit uncomfortable. I’m not sure if I slept funny or I haven’t had enough to drink yet or what. Other than that, I’ve been pretty good. My back is starting to bother me again, but I think it’ll work itself out again.

How are you feeling emotionally?: Good. The hormones/emotions have been pretty well in check lately.

Best moment this week?: We got our Christmas tree! I ended up having to pick it out by myself! We picked Clara up from Mimi & Papa’s and stopped at a Christmas tree place nearby. Well, she fell asleep in the car in between so Adam stayed in the car with her while I picked a tree (don’t worry-I had someone else carry it out!). It’s not decorated yet, but it’s up!

Movement?: Of course! Our little man had a quiet day yesterday but he seems to be back to his regular antics today.

What is baby doing this week?: Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

Food cravings?: No cravings, but I’ve been eating like crap all weekend. It’s time to get back on track. I’m pretty sure that’s why I gained 2lbs this week as opposed to my usual 1lb. I’m making a run to the store tonight so I’ll be re-stocking my supply of healthy and delicious snacks.

Labor signs?: I hope not! I’ve been feeling crampy this morning, but I’m hoping it’s just gas and/or the baby growing.

What I miss: My back not hurting!

What I'm looking forward to: St. Nick comes tomorrow! He was very busy this year so he didn’t have time to make much for our little family, but he told me to check my stocking and there will be something there!

Random Thoughts: We’re counting down the days til Adam’s surgery. I’m not nervous about the surgery part (though that may change, too). I’m more worried about how things will go after he’s done and recovering. I’m a planner and the fact that nothing is planned and everything is up in the air is driving me nuts…especially the prospect of not seeing my daughter for the better part of a week or more. I’m also sad that I’ve been wishing this pregnancy away too much. With Clara I could sit around and daydream about how it would be to have a baby. Now I’m too busy chasing her all over the place and wishing I was more physically capable of keeping up with her! Well that, and I’m looking forward to meeting this little man who thinks it’s fun to beat mommy up all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment