Thursday, December 1, 2011

Anatomy scan update

Yesterday afternoon we had our anatomy ultrasound as well as our monthly check-up with the doctor. Our ultrasound was scheduled for 2 and the doctor's appointment for 3.

I was really hoping that Clara would take an early nap so that she wouldn't be quite such a handful to deal with since we didn't have a sitter and had to bring her along. I left work at 1 and called Adam on my way home. He said Clara had just fallen asleep. Super. Of course she would do that when we have to leave the house by 1:45! So he put her in the crib and jumped in the shower. When I got home I changed clothes and helped get her stuff together. She also hadn't had time to eat lunch so we packed some snacks along, too. Unfortunately, we had to wake her up so we could get her dressed so we could all leave the house. I HATE waking sleeping babies. Luckily, she seemed to be in a pretty good mood.

We got to the ultrasound office (right next door and on the same floor as our doctor's office, which is really convenient!) and she amused herself by running all over the place. :) It was really cute. We got called back very shortly and got settled in to the room. The tech got all the shots she needed except for the heart. We could see the heart and the heartbeat, but she couldn't get him to move into just the right spot to get the exact angle she wanted. He was really quite stubborn. She had me roll on my side and jiggled him around. I even got up and went to the bathroom and he still wouldn't move! So, the verdict is we get to have another ultrasound in about 5 weeks. I wasn't upset by that. I love seeing the little guy! Everything else looked really healthy. He's measuring slightly smaller than his current due date (or weight-wise he's about 3/4 of a pound). We also got (unneeded) confirmation that he is, in fact, still a boy. It was so nice to see him. And we got a really cool shot of him yawning! Here it is:
See how cute he is with his little hands up by his face, rubbing his eyes?? Awww!! Too much cuteness!


Next, we headed next door to the doctor's office. Mind you, it was really early...I think the ultrasound took all of about 40 minutes (as opposed to the hour it's scheduled for)...but we still got in almost right away. I got all the usual-weight, bp, handouts for various upcoming testing and classes. Before too long Dr. V came in and we got down to business-which actually only involved him taking a quick look at the pictures from the ultrasound and whatever was written in my chart. He asked how everything was going (really well, actually!) and if I had any questions or concerns (which I didn't) and we were pretty much done! No need for the doppler since we had heard the h/b at the ultrasound. He would like to do the glucose testing and the next ultrasound at my next appointment, which thanks to the holidays won't be until January 5, 2012. I'll be roughly 26-27 weeks by then-ALMOST 3RD TRIMESTER! Yikes! I can't believe how quickly it's going and it'll probably feel even faster because of Christmas and New Years, and Adam's surgery!

So that's about it! Everything went well, the little man looks happy and healthy, and we're just cruising through! We do still have some hard work ahead of us, though...PICKING A NAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment