Monday, December 12, 2011

23 weeks down-17 to go!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 23 weeks-17 weeks to go!

Total weight gain: +12.4lbs (140.4lbs) I lost this week!

How big is baby?: Still the size of a papaya.

Sleep?: Crappy again. Clara has been cutting the last of her 1-year molars and has been pretty cranky and not sleeping well. I’m sure my sleep is not going to improve after Adam has surgery on Wednesday.

How are you feeling physically? Aside from a nasty pain in my back, pretty good. I’m sure going to the Chiropractor on Tuesday will help, though.

How are you feeling emotionally?: Stressed with the holidays coming up and with Adam’s upcoming surgery. I’m not worried about the surgery itself, I’m more worried about what’s going to happen with the recovery and child care with me working all week.

Best moment this week?: Picking a name for our son finally!! His name will be Samuel James. We also learned the name of our new nephew. I’m so excited! I really can’t wait til April!

Movement?: Oh yes! Lots of it. And I think he’s getting bigger because his kicks are getting a lot stronger!

What is baby up to this week?: Much the same as last week. Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

Food cravings?: Not really. I was astonished when I saw that I actually lost weight this week because I pretty much felt like all I did was snack all weekend, even though I wasn’t particularly hungry.

Labor signs?: Nope. Just some Braxton Hicks contractions.

What I miss: Hmmm, nothing really. I plan to enjoy a glass or 2 of wine over the Christmas holiday so that should curb my craving for a while.

What I'm looking forward to: I’m looking forward to having Adam’s surgery done and over with so we can move on with the next phase of our life plan. I’m also looking forward to January 5th, when we have our next appointment…though I’m not looking forward to the glucose testing that day.

Random Thoughts: I don’t have too many random thoughts this week. I’m too busy getting everything ready for Christmas!
23 week bump pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment