Tuesday, March 6, 2012

35/35!! Woohoo!

*An interesting note about this update: it's 3/5, I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and I have 35 days left. I bet I couldn't do that again if I tried!*

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 35 weeks-5 weeks to go (35 days)!

Total weight gain: +29.6lbs (157.6lbs). Up 2.6 from last week. A little much, but I’ll be more careful this week. I bought a bunch of fruit and other yummy healthy snacks at the store this week.

How big is baby?: The size of a honeydew melon (5.25lbs and over 18” from head to heel).

Sleep?: All things considered, it’s been pretty good. Clara has been waking up earlier (probably because Adam has to get her up early when he goes to school). Anything past 4am is usually hit or miss and not very good.

How are you feeling physically? Again, all things considered, I feel pretty good. I was woken up Sunday morning by some very painful contractions. I *thought* maybe it might be the day, but once I got up and walked around a bit they went away. Other than that I’m just feeling very big and heavy.

How are you feeling emotionally?: Saturday was not a good day for me emotionally. Apparently it was one of those days where the crazy had built up for too long and I couldn’t handle myself. Other people weren’t helping, either, though.

Best moment this week?: Adam has finals this week and his schedule is so awesome because as of 11am Thursday he won’t have to go back to school until the week after my birthday! I’m also happy that he’ll be able to spend the entire week off with Clara. I know he misses spending time with her and is so busy with school that he doesn’t get to spend much time with her-especially one-on-one.

Movement?: Yep. He still moves all the time. A couple of days ago he found my ribs! At least I know he’s head down, even if he does enjoy kicking me in the lungs and playing my ribs like a xylophone with his toes!

What is baby up to this week?: Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Food cravings?: Junk food. Ugh! I hate craving junk food! I’m trying not to give into it, but sometimes I just need a little something.

Labor signs?: Yep! Sunday morning I had some time able contractions. It’s a little early for me, but I know once he’s ready there’ll be no stopping him. And while 36 weeks is still early, it would be great if he would come next week while Adam is off of school. I guess we’ll just see what happens. My next OB appointment is next week Wednesday (on my birthday) and since I’ll be getting my GBS test done I’ll likely get checked to see if I’ve made any progress.

What I miss: Being comfortable! I’m pretty uncomfortable most of the time these days. I also miss being able to snuggle with Clara as much because my belly is in the way (and she’s getting an independent streak, too!)

What I'm looking forward to: I go to the chiropractor tomorrow, which I’m excited about. I’m also looking forward to my birthday next Wednesday, my OB appointment, and then Adam and I are going out for sushi on Wednesday night, too. And our final baby-shopping trip planned for next Friday. Hopefully I make it that long!

Random Thoughts: Not too many random thoughts this week. I’m just hoping I can keep my weight under control for the last couple weeks I have left and I’m eagerly counting the days left of work, too! I can’t wait to get a break from that place!

*I'll be linking the posts from my last pregnancy with each update from now on for comparison as well*

35w1d bump pic


2 comments: