Monday, March 26, 2012

38 weeks...just 2 weeks-ish left!

Weekly Survey:

How far along? 38 weeks-2 weeks (14 days) left til my due date; 10 days left before induction.

Total weight gain: +32.2lbs (160.2lbs). The end must be near-despite the massive eating over the last week I’ve only gained .2lbs!

How big is baby?: The size of a leek (6.8lbs and 19.5” from head to heel).

Sleep?: Sleep is getting worse again. I sleep ok for the first few hours of the night and then I can’t stay asleep or get back to sleep. I’m very restless and sore. I’ve been getting up on my days off sometime between 6-6:30am.

How are you feeling physically? Not too bad physically for being 38 weeks pregnant. I have a LOT of pressure when I walk. My sciatica isn’t bad right now-thank God.

How are you feeling emotionally?: On Friday and Saturday it rained on and off most of the day. By Saturday afternoon I was so stir crazy! I’m feeling very restless right now…it’s like I can’t sit still for more than 10 minutes. I ended up doing a lot of cleaning in the kitchen and got all of the bottles cleaned and sterilized for Sam. I also ended up buying 1 small package of newborn diapers for him and got those all opened up and put away. I also found a neat purse that’s big enough to use for a purse/diaper bag combo. I wasn’t looking for one, but I’m glad I found it! I also did my “Easter Bunny” shopping for the kids. I got some interesting looks from people as I was walking around the stores. :)

Best moment this week?: My friend Heidi having her baby! Our daughters are 2 days apart and now it looks like our sons will be about 2 weeks apart. Congrats on your beautiful boy, Heidi!!

Movement?: Yep. He still moves a lot, but they’re much bigger movements now-more rolls and full body kicks. He’s trying to make his house bigger but I keep telling him the only way to get more room is to come out!

What is baby up to this week?: He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

Food cravings?: Turtle Sundaes from Culver’s and Cadbury Eggs. Easter is going to kill me!

Labor signs?: Yes! Since late last week! I thought I’d end up going into labor over the weekend. I had lots of period-like cramps, back pain, and some contractions on and off since Thursday. I’m really hoping I won’t be subjected to 10 more days of this. I’m going to ask the doctor if he’ll sweep my membranes on Wednesday at my appointment.

What I miss: SLEEP! And before anyone says it, yes, I’ll have a newborn at home and likely won’t sleep much more, but at least I won’t have to get up for work!

What I'm looking forward to: My appointment on Wednesday. I’m excited to see how much more progress I made since last week and after having had all the cramps for the last 4 days!

Random Thoughts: I was unpacking the newborn diapers last night and could not get over how tiny they are! It’s hard to believe I’m going to have a little baby who fits in them! They’re literally half the size of Clara’s size 5 diapers.

I’m really looking forward to meeting this little man. I am a little sad that I won’t be feeling him move inside anymore, but I’ll be really happy to not have to share my body anymore! Not only that, but other people will get to help me take care of him…I won’t be carrying him by myself.
38 week bump pic

1 comment: