Tuesday, March 13, 2012

36 weeks! Less than a month left...

Weekly Survey:

How far along? 36 weeks 1 day-3 weeks 6 days (27 days) left! Eek!

Total weight gain: +31.2lbs (159.2lbs)-Up 1.6lbs from last week.

How big is baby?: The size of a Crenshaw melon (almost 6lbs and over 18.5” from head to heel).

Sleep?: Sleep has not been good lately. I’m totally exhausted, but when I lay down to go to bed, I can’t sleep. And if I do happen to fall asleep quickly, I don’t stay asleep and if I get up in the middle of the night, it’s hard to get back to sleep sometimes. I know then end is coming…it’s the only thing keeping me going! Well, that and the occasional nap. :)

How are you feeling physically? Not too bad lately. My hips are starting to hurt more and I had a nasty sciatica flare up last week, but other than that I’m doing ok considering I’ve under a month left. I've also started to have some swelling-mostly overnight. I wake up finding my rings tight and my hands a tad puffy.

How are you feeling emotionally?: I’m still at my “I’m done being pregnant” point. I’m just ready for him to come!! I’m excited to meet him and see who he looks like. :)

Best moment this week?: The whole family plus my mom went to the NEW Zoo yesterday. The weather was beautiful (in the 60s) and it was sunny. Clara had a fabulous time and I know the exercise did me some good, too. The best part though? Adam was able to come along and at the end of the day, his knee didn’t hurt! That’s AWESOME!!!

Movement?: Yep! It’s slowing down some, but he’s still moving. He likes to stretch out when I lay down to go to bed at night. Then he practices his flutter-kicks in my ribs.

What is baby up to this week?: He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely he's in a head-down position. But if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying he'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating him from the outside of your belly.

Food cravings?: Not particularly, although I find myself wanting Chicken McNuggets an awful lot. :)

Labor signs?: Some. I’ve had a few sets of painful contractions and a lot of Braxton Hicks. I’m curious to see if they’re actually doing anything, though. We’ll find out Wednesday.

What I miss: Clothes that fit (I’m down to 1 pair of pants that’s getting too tight and most of my shirts are too short). Also, being able to do anything normal-sit on the floor, put on shoes/socks, change or dress Clara. This big belleh is just in the way!

What I'm looking forward to: I’m looking forward to my next appointment on Wednesday as well as my birthday Sushi dinner. :) Possibly celebrating family birthdays on Sunday (I’ll make that determination after my appointment on Wednesday).

Random Thoughts: I think I’ve had about a million. I feel like I have a lot left to do (which I do, but none of it is really crucial).

I’m pushing on with my meal planning, even though I can’t be guaranteed my regular grocery shopping trips or that I’ll be able to cook. I guess I’ll keep my regular plans and just wing it if need be.


I’ve also started feeling like a ticking time-bomb…knowing I can pretty much go anytime is a little nerve-wracking!

36 week bump pic...excuse the lines-I had been laying on the couch. :)


*36 weeks pregnant with Clara (baby #1)*

No comments:

Post a Comment