Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Citizen's Academy-Week 8: Police Department (and some other ramblings)

Last night we spent our final night with the Police Department. This week we covered high-risk traffic stops and crime scene investigation.

Both were extremely informative and the activities we participated in, including investigating our own crime scene and controlling a high-risk traffic stop, were really fun.

Next week we will be with City Finance (which I'm sure will be boring for me considering I HATE anything having to do with numbers) and then week 10 we will be having a mock "government" day. I'm not sure what is all involved in that, but we'll find out. Those are the last 2 weeks of class!

November 8th we'll be having a "graduation" and appreciation dinner. I'm looking forward to it, but I also need to make sure I don't stay too late...the last couple weeks have about wiped me out. I NEED TO GET SOME GOOD SLEEP!!!!

Normally, I'd have made this longer, but it's cold and wet outside and I'm exhausted. I look forward to being done with work for the day (2 more hours thankfully), going to the Chiropractor and then GOING TO BED (at least for a little while). One more day of work tomorrow and then I'll have Friday off.

I'm finally using the Groupon that Adam got me for our anniversary to go get a Prenatal Massage at Elite Spa in Green Bay. After that, I'm getting together with my sister-in-law to do some shopping and have lunch. THEN, for supper, we're picking up Adam's grandpa and going out to dinner. I'm sure I'll be ready to crash when I get home finally!! I really am looking forward to it, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment