Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Toddle Along Tuesday-FAIL!

Again, I’ve decided to join along the blog hop with Mama G at Growing up Geeky. This week’s topic is “FAIL!” It can be a Mommy fail, pregnancy brain or just something dumb we’ve done recently.


I can’t remember having a huge FAIL moment lately but I’ve had lots of little ones!

  • Remembered to put a bottle with water in it in the diaper bag but forgot the formula
  • Remembered to put some shirts in the diaper bag, but forgot a change of pants.
  • Putting the water and the fresh coffee grounds/filter in the coffee maker but forgetting to empty the carafe (which resulted in the Great Coffee Spill of 2011).
  • And this morning, forgetting to put gas in my vehicle over the weekend and getting in this morning (while running late) and seeing the gas light come on.

I know some of this is pregnancy brain, but some of it is just me having a terrible memory and/or having my mind be occupied elsewhere. Remember Dory from Finding Nemo? That’s me. People actually used to call me that. *sigh* It’s ok, I’ve resigned myself to it. :)

I remember the morning we got up to go to the hospital when I was induced with Clara. Whenever I’m home I always make Adam’s coffee (I don’t drink coffee, but always make it for him), so it really wasn’t any different that morning. Well apparently I wasn’t quite awake yet when I made it because after pouring himself a cup, he looked at it and said it looked a little funny. Turns out, I forgot to put grounds in it…AT ALL. Oops. Hope you enjoyed your hot water, honey! Lol I felt like a moron, but my mind really was somewhere else.

Little did I know 8 hours later my little girl would be born!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should be too hard on yourself about screwing up the coffee the day you gave birth...lol!!!

    Stopping by through TAT! I'm a fellow WI girl. ;) I look forward to reading more in the future!

    Nikki (makesperfectsense.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the little things are the worst, aren't they? They add up quick and make you feel so boneheaded!

    ReplyDelete