Tuesday, January 3, 2012

26 weeks down, 14 to go!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 26 weeks 1 day. 13 weeks 6 days to go!

Total weight gain: +18lbs (146lbs)

How big is baby?: The size of an eggplant.

Sleep?: All things considered, it’s been pretty good lately.

How are you feeling physically? One word…BIG. My shirts are starting to get a little short in the front and I’m sort of between sizes in my jeans. I’ve also noticed my rib cage is starting to spread a bit. I see new bras in my future!

How are you feeling emotionally?: I’ve been feeling stressed, but there’s not a whole lot I can do to change it except to try to take advantage of Clara’s new nap schedule to try to relax. It’s easier now that the holidays are over, but a lot of other things consume my off hours these days, too.

Best moment this week?: On Thursday we get to see Samuel again!

Movement?: A lot of movement and very often…except for sometimes when Mommy has a freak out and NEEDS to feel him moving. Then he’s sound asleep and doesn’t want to wake up.

What is baby up to this week?: Much the same as last week. Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Food cravings?: Chocolate!

Labor signs?: No, and the Braxton Hicks contractions have let up some, too.


What I miss: Not being in pain…stupid back.

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing my little man on Thursday…and going to Adam’s next follow-up appointment, also on Thursday.

Random Thoughts: For the moment, my mind is pretty quiet, but then again I just started a new work week and haven’t really gotten moving yet. Maybe once I have my quota of caffeine I’ll be better.






<----25 weeks
--------> 26 weeks
Growth spurt much?







No comments:

Post a Comment