Monday, January 23, 2012

29 weeks down, 11 to go!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 29 weeks (77 days to go).

Total weight gain: +19.2lbs (147.2lbs)…a loss from last week.

How big is baby?: The size of a butternut squash (about 2.5lbs and around 15” head to heel).

Sleep?: Well, sleep has been pure crap lately. Clara has cold #2 and hasn’t slept well in 2 days. Because of her cold I have the monitor up louder so I can hear her better and she wakes often during the night due to coughing so I wake up a lot, too. I also think I’m coming down with the same cold. I can only hope I get over it quickly with enough rest.

How are you feeling physically? I’m feeling pretty good, considering. The cramps and discomfort I had last week (as well as the contractions) have seemed to stop. I made a concerted effort to drink as much liquid as I possibly could. I also got checked at my last appointment and I’m still closed up tight and there’s no concern from my Doctor of pre-term labor, at least at this point. Fingers crossed nothing changes.

How are you feeling emotionally?: I had a bad day the other day, but I’m doing better and I’m back to work today.

Best moment this week?: Ugh…I don’t really have a best moment this week. I’m just trying to keep my sanity with all that we have going on!

Movement?: Oh yes, and I think the wee man has moved from transverse to vertical, but he moves back and forth yet. I’m ok with that because the movements when he’s up and down are painful!

What is baby up to this week?: His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Food cravings?: Nope. I haven’t really been hungry for much of anything lately, though Subway has been pretty tasty.

Labor signs?: No labor signs since last week. I still have the occasional BH contraction, but they’re few and far between now and mostly at night.

What I miss: Sleeping!

What I'm looking forward to: The weekend (yes, I know it’s only Monday)!

Random Thoughts: Not too many this week. I’m just trying to focus on staying healthy.
29 week bump pic...woah mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment