Monday, January 30, 2012

30 weeks down-10 to go!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 30 weeks-10 weeks (70 days) to go!

Total weight gain: +19lbs (147.0lbs)-No gain again this week.

How big is baby?: The size of a large cabbage (around 3lbs and 15.75” from head to heel).

Sleep?: A bit better. I don’t seem to be nearly as uncomfortable.

How are you feeling physically? That’s a loaded question! I was sick all week last week with a cold. On Friday I felt really good…until sometime in the late afternoon when my stomach and intestines decided to stage a revolt. I was up all night in the bathroom and ended up not eating or drinking anything until Sunday. I feel much better, but I’m still not quite 100%. I’m hoping to feel better by this weekend for my brother’s birthday dinner. I’m also getting tired of Clara using my belly to push off of or climb on. I know she doesn’t know any better, but it really hurts.

How are you feeling emotionally?: I’m feel good emotionally. I’m settling into the waiting phase of this pregnancy. I’m nesting some, but I’m sort of at a standstill because I’m waiting on the funds to be able to finish up a few things.

Best moment this week?: Not really sure that I have a best moment this week. I have a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday that I’m hoping I don’t get yelled at for not gaining weight for a month.

Movement?: While I was down and out on the couch all weekend, I think my son was having a dance marathon. He’s very busy and active these days, but I wish he’d put on some fat! He’s really pointy!

What is baby up to this week?: A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Food cravings?: NO. I haven’t even had much of an appetite.

Labor signs?: No, thankfully. I didn’t even have many Braxton Hicks contractions when I wasn’t drinking over the weekend.

What I miss: Nothing at the moment, other than feeling halfway human!

What I'm looking forward to: Hearing how Adam’s doctor’s appointment goes today and going to our next prenatal appointment on Wednesday. Also having a 3-day weekend. :)

Random Thoughts: Not too many random thoughts this week. I do need to start thinking about packing my hospital bags, though. I rearranged the kids’ dresser…much to Adam’s confusion I think. :) But there’s still a few more things I need to do to get things ready.
30 week  bump pic...no making fun of my pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment