Tuesday, January 17, 2012

28 weeks down, 12 to go! Getting so close now!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 28 weeks 1 day. 11 weeks 6 days to go (83 days).


Total weight gain: +19.4lbs (147.4lbs) No gain from last week.

How big is baby?: The size of an eggplant...still.

Sleep?: The last couple nights my sleep has been terrible. I’ve been dealing with restless leg syndrome and I just can’t get settled enough to sleep. Then Clara got up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get her back down. I’ve also been having a LOT of Braxton Hicks at night, too.

How are you feeling physically? Pretty terrible, actually. I’ve been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. At least I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow so I can find out if everything is still ok. I took today and tomorrow off for sure, possibly even Thursday as well, depending on what the doctor says. Until then, I plan on taking it easy and putting my feet up.

How are you feeling emotionally?: Emotionally, I’m feeling good. I’m getting really excited to meet Samuel and start this new chapter in our lives!

Best moment this week?: The best moment this week was finding out I PASSED my 3-hour glucose test! I told Adam that if we have anymore kids I’m just going to decline the 1-hour test and ask to take the 3-hour one right off the bat. I’ve failed my 1-hour test with both pregnancies so far. It makes sense to me, anyway.


Movement?: Still lots! He seems to move a ton especially right after I lay down at night and right when I wake up in the morning.

What is baby up to this week?: Much the same as last week. Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Food cravings?: I haven’t really been craving anything lately.

Labor signs?: Sort of. I’ve been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions as well as some pain and pressure. It feels different from the types of pressure I’ve had in the past. I’ll know more tomorrow.

What I miss: Right now I’m not really missing anything…just counting the days until I get to meet my wee man!

What I'm looking forward to: I’m looking forward to my doctor’s appointment tomorrow-just to see what’s been going on.

Random Thoughts: I’ve been going gang-busters on Samuel’s scrapbook lately. I’ve also been going crazy with cleaning and organizing. I feel like I’m nesting constantly. I even found a neat website to put my bump pictures together. Now I just have to dig out the closet where I keep my Cricut so I can start cutting some letters. I’ve also been keeping a DIY journal of projects I’m working on and projects that I want to do. It seems to be helping me actually accomplish some things!

28 week bump pic

No comments:

Post a Comment