Tuesday, January 10, 2012

27 weeks! Yay 3rd Trimester!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 27 weeks 1 day-3rd trimester!! 12 weeks and 6 days to go (or 90 days if you're counting).


Total weight gain: +19.4 (147.4lbs)

How big is baby?: Still the size of an eggplant.

Sleep?: Well, pretty good for the most part. Clara gave us some trouble the other night, but I think I've caught up.

How are you feeling physically? I'm feeling better this week. My sciatica isn't very bad at all, which figures considering Dr V. now wants me to go to physical therapy for it.

How are you feeling emotionally?: I'm feeling pretty good emotionally, too, though I've started nesting really bad! I got the nursery organized (with a few minor exceptions) and want to start working on washing Samuel's clothes and getting our room ready.

Best moment this week?: Last Thursday we had our monthly appointment. Everything looked great, except I failed my 1-hour glucose test again. I have to take the 3-hour test on Friday, which I'm not looking forward to. And we found out that Sam is transverse. Hopefully he flips soon!

Movement?: Oh yes!!

What is baby up to this week?: Much the same as last week. Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Food cravings?: I'm only craving food...nothing in particular and I can't usually figure out what I'm hungry for, either.

Labor signs?: No, just some Braxton Hicks.

What I miss: Being small!

What I'm looking forward to: Having some time to myself this week with Clara being at Mimi's. I still miss her, but I'm starting to slow down and need the extra rest.

Random Thoughts: I'm not having a baby shower this time around (since I just had one for Clara) and I'm kind of sad that I'm not having one. I don't really want the gift part of it, just to be able to celebrate Sam with my family and friends. Oh well. At least I get to go to one in a few weeks!

27 week bump pic




Cute little pictures of his face from our u/s on Thursday. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your bump is just the cutest!! Samuel's pic of his face is just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete