Monday, February 6, 2012

31 weeks! Down to single-digit weeks!!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 31 weeks-9 weeks (63 days) left…single digit weeks!

Total weight gain: +20.4lbs (148.4lbs)

How big is baby?: The size of 4 naval oranges (about 3.3lbs and 16” from head to heel).

Sleep?: Sleep has been pretty good lately. I find myself waking more in the early morning hours to pee, but I can usually get a good solid 4-5 hours before that.

How are you feeling physically? I’ve been having some trouble with my sciatica acting up again. It comes and goes, but when it’s bad, it’s really bad. Other than that, I’ve been feeling pretty well. Samuel is finding new and interesting ways to hurt me from the inside, depending on where he is. I wish the kid would put on a little fat already! He seems very bony! I’m also quite tired these days. Friday and Saturday I napped when Clara did (and for about as long, too).

How are you feeling emotionally?: Emotionally, I feel good. I’m pretty calm and I feel like I’m just waiting for him to come. That may change and I may turn into a lunatic, but for now, it’s all good.

Best moment this week?: We got a new grill! Not baby related, I know, but we haven’t had a working grill for a while and it’s so nice to have one again! Also, we got the shelf and storage bins for our room over the weekend. It’s even assembled and installed! I put some of Sam’s stuff in the bins, too. Things are really starting to take shape.

Movement?: This should be: When is he not moving? This kid seriously moves nonstop all day!

What is baby up to this week?: He is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Food cravings?: I’ve sort of been craving junk food. Since I’m up 1.5lbs since last week, I’m guessing it’s because of my eating habits, though Samuel could have had a growth spurt, too. He’s due for one. Time to pick up some healthier snacks and leave my money (for the vending machine) at home!

Labor signs?: Nope. Things have been quiet on that front since a couple weeks ago. I’m glad.

What I miss: Not being tired! I can go to bed at 8:30pm and sleep for 12 hours and still need a nap in the afternoon. It’s a tad ridiculous!

What I'm looking forward to: Jessica’s baby shower on Saturday. I’m not having one this time so I get to live vicariously through her. :)

Random Thoughts: Not many random thoughts this week. I’m just really getting excited to meet this little guy. I’m also getting excited about meeting my new nephew! I’ve never been an Auntie before and I guess it just hasn’t really sunk in yet that I’m going to be.

31 week bump pic

No comments:

Post a Comment