Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesdays-Babies & Their Daddies

I love this week's topic...probably because I love watching Clara interact with Adam. They've got such an awesome relationship.

When we found out we were going to have a girl, I wondered if she would be a Daddy's girl. I also wondered how my wonderful husband would deal with having a girl. He's a pretty macho guy, after all: United States Marine, 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, loves to fish and hunt, has a motorcycle, knows how to work on cars, used to live on a farm-you get the picture. But in all honesty, I had absolutely nothing to worry about. They're great together! He's even shared his love of Muskie fishing with her. During my sister-in-law's baby shower 2 weeks ago, he took her to the annual Muskie Expo with him and she had a blast! She even got a baby stuffed Muskie.

I love the fact that they've got this extraordinary relationship. It melts my heart. Sure, it has evolved over time. I had to take up most of the responsibility for her care while he was recovering from knee surgery. It took her a while to adjust to that. He was her primary care giver while I was at work. Now that he's in school all day almost every day of the week (and has a ton of homework afterwards) he's able to spend even less time that I know he wants to with her.

It is fortunate, though, that they have a close bond. With Samuel only a few short weeks from making his debut, I'm going to rely on that bond even more. Clara won't be able to spend nearly as much time with me because I'll be nursing Sam. I know we'll probably hit a bit of regression in her development, but I think that if we know its coming it'll be easier to deal with.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Adam's relationship with Sam is going to be. With Clara he had a lot of time to spend with her. They got really close in the time that he was home and not in school everyday. This time will be very different. He's not even likely to get more than a day or 2 off of school when Sam is born.

I look forward to the challenges that are going to come with having 2 kids under 2. I'm going to try to do a blog post every Tuesday (I'll probably call it Two under Tuesday) to document our life with 2u2. I say I'll try...I'm usually really bad unless I write these posts ahead of time and schedule them to post for me!

And now....here's some of my favorite pictures of my 2 favorite people. :)





2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures!! The last one is just precious!!

    I like the idea of 2u2 Tuesdays. I just might copy that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking at squishy Clara pictures! They're so precious! I can't wait to get some for Sam, too!

      Maybe we should get a blog-hop going for 2u2s!

      Delete