Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesdays-Updated nursery pictures

So this week's topic is nurseries. I posted about our nursery organization a while back. I've made some progress in the past few weeks. I'll post some pictures of all the updates this week.

First, in our bedroom, we bought and installed the storage shelf and bins for on the wall between the closet and the bedroom door. I also got the pack n play set up. Right now my suitcase is in there-it'll be my hospital bag and I wanted it handy for packing stuff into.

Before
After

 
One bin has extra clothes and pajams and the other bin has diapering supplies. I'd still like to get a changing pad that I can fold up and keep in there.



 

In the living room we got rid of our old electric fireplace that we never used since having Clara and instead bought a Cubeical shelf system from ClosetMaid to use for more storage. It takes up less room and is really quite handy! We keep Clara's books on it, as well as Adam's school books and some bins for putting things like movies and small items in.


 
In the nursery, I rearranged some of the drawers. The top drawer was especially a problem since I keep diapers as well as onesies in there and had to figure out how to get both kids' stuff in it. But I did some shuffling and here's what they look like now:


Top Drawer: Before
Top Drawer: After (Sam's onesies are on the right, Clara's on the left)

 
Middle Drawer: Clara's pjs are on the left and Sam's on the right

 
Bottom Drawer: Clara's pants are on the left and Sam's are on the right

 
I'm trying to save the big items (swing and bouncy chair) for closer to when Sam will be here (or heck, even after). We need all the room we can get since space is at a premium right now. I'll probably post some more pictures when I have those items out, as well as an updated nursery picture when I figure out how to arrange it for the second crib. 

No comments:

Post a Comment