Monday, February 27, 2012

34 weeks. 6 weeks left. I'm getting tired!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 34 weeks-6 weeks (42 days) to go!

Total weight gain: +27lbs (155lbs). Up 1.4lbs from last week.

How big is baby?: The size of a cantaloupe (about 4.75lbs and almost 18” from head to heel).

Sleep?: Starting to get bad. I was awake and out of bed before 7am both days this weekend and last night I woke up at 11:30pm and couldn’t get back to sleep for a while. I’m hoping I’ll still get a couple decent nights of sleep-though I may start ending up on the couch…or with separate blankets for Adam and I!

How are you feeling physically? Much the same as last week. My back and hips are sore if I lay down or walk too much. I get dizzy if I stand up for too long, and I have headaches every day. Some days are still good, but the bad days are starting to tip the scales.

How are you feeling emotionally?: I’ve reached the point where I’m ready to be done. I know a lot of it the headaches and lack of good sleep, but I’m just ready to meet my little man and get on with the next chapter of our lives.

Best moment this week?: I have an OB appointment on Wednesday…I also may have vacation since we’re supposed to get a nasty winter storm and there’s no need for me to come to work in that kind of crap. So, I have the potential for a 3-day week!


Movement?: He still moves all the time. He doesn’t really kick very hard anymore, he just hurts me by rolling and flipping over repeatedly with little to no room to do so!

What is baby up to this week?: His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Food cravings?: Nothing in particular. I have noticed my appetite has been better lately. I just seem to generally be more hungry.

Labor signs?: I’ve had a few BH this week as well as a couple painful contractions, but I think they were more stress induced than anything. Last week at work was extremely stressful. I’ll find out in 2 weeks or less if I’m making any progress (which I doubt).

What I miss: I miss being able to sleep through the night. I miss being able to roll over in bed without having to make it a whole process. I miss being skinny!

What I'm looking forward to: I’m looking forward to my OB appointment on Wednesday. After that, we only have 1 more every-two-week appointment before we start going to weeklys. At that point, Sam could theoretically come anytime and they won’t stop labor. I think the reality of that is starting to sink in and we realize that we could be meeting our little boy very soon!

Random Thoughts: I don’t really have many random thoughts this week. I’m looking forward to celebrating my birthday this year. Maybe it’s because it’s so close to my due date that it gives me something to take my mind off. I’m also excited for that because Adam has an entire week off of school. That means he’ll be 1/7th of the way through his schooling! Yay! And we’re also going shopping for the rest of our baby stuff that Friday, too. I don’t need much, but I do need just a few things yet. We’re pretty well set on clothes-we just need some socks for him. I also need some new nursing bras, some parts for my pump, and some new bottles. Other than that, we’re set…just waiting on him!

34 week bump pic

1 comment:

  1. Your baby bump is just the cutest!!! I feel ya on the sleeping on the couch. There are nights when I'm so tempted to go out on the couch, I think I might be more comfortable there then in my bed.

    ReplyDelete